Transportation Engineering pdf Notes – TE pdf Notes file
Transportation Engineering pdf Notes – TE Notes pdf – TE pdf Notes file to download are listed below please check it –
TE Latest Material Links
TE Old Material Links
Note :- These notes are according to the R09 Syllabus book of JNTU.In R13 and R15,8-units of R09 syllabus are combined into 5-units in R13 and R15 syllabus. If you have any doubts please refer to the JNTU Syllabus Book.
- HIGHWAY DEVELOPMENTAND PLANNING-Highway development in India – Necessity for Highway Planning- Different Road Development Plans.
UNIT – II
- HIGHWAY PLANNING : Classiﬁcation 0f Roads- Road NetworkPattems- Highway Alignment- Factors affecting Alignment-
- Engineering Surveys – Drawings and Reports, Road Projects initiation need based planning.
UNIT – III
- HIGHWAY GEOMETIC DESIGN: Importance of Geometric Design- Design controls and Criteria- Highway Cross Section Elentents-
- Sight Distance Elements- Stopping sight Distance, Overtaking Sight Distance and intermediate Sight Distance- Design of Horizontal A]ignment-
- Design of Super elevation and Extra widening- Design of Transition Curves-Design of Vertical alignment-Gradients Vertical curves. Typical cross sections for different types of roads.
UNIT – IV
- TRAFFIC ENGINEERING: Basic Parameters of Trafﬁc-Volume.Speed and Density- Traffic Volume Studies- Data Collection and Presentation-speed studies- Data Collection and Presentation-
- Parking Studies and Parking characterstics- Road Accidents-Causes and Preventive measures- Accident Data Recording – Condition Diagram and Collision Diagrams. Traffic, infrastructural and safety audits.
- TRAFFIC REGULATl0N AND MANAGEMEN : Road Traffic Signs-Types and Speciﬁcations – Road markings-Need for Road Markings-Types of Road Markings Design of Traffic Signals –
- Webster Method -IRC Method, intelligent transportation systems typical architectures.
UNIT – VI
- INTERSECTION DESIGN: Types of Intersections — Conﬂicts at lntersections- Types of At-Grade Intersections- Channelization : Objectives —Traffic Islands and Design criteria-
- Types of Grade Separated Intersections- Rotary Intersection – Concept of Rotary and Design Criteria- Impacts of Geometries on intersection with reference safety, Operational capacity.
UNIT – VII
- INTRODUCTION TO RAILWAY ENGINEERING: Permanent way components – Cross Section of Permanent Way – Functions of various Components like Rails, Sleepers and Ballast –
- Rail Fastenings – Creep of Rails- Theories related to creep -Ageing of Sleepers- Sleeper density.GEOMETRIC DESIGN OF RAILWAY TRACK: Gradients- Grade Compensation-
- Cant and Negative Super elevation- Cant Deﬁciency – Degree of Curve – Crossings and Turn outs .
UNIT – VIII
- AIRPORT ENGINEERING: Factors affecting Selection of site for Airport – Aircraft Characteristics- Geometric Design of Runway-
- Computation of Runway length — Correction for runway length – Orientation of Runway – Wind Rose Diagram – Runway Lighting system.
Reference – Transportation Engineering – TE notes pdf – TE pdf notes – TE Pdf – TE Notes
1. Highway Engineering – S.P.Bindra , Dhanpat Rai & Sons. – 4th Edition(l98l)
2 Traffic Engineering &. Transportation Planning – Dr.L.R.Kadyali, Khanna publications – 6th Edition. I997.
3. Railway Engineering -August – Prabha & Co., 15th Edition – 1994.
4. Air Transportation Planning & design – Virendhra Kumar & Statish Chandhra-Gal Gotia Publishers 1999
5. Principles of Trafﬁc Engineering – Garber & Hoel, Cengage Learning.
Text books – Transportation Engineering – TE notes pdf – TE pdf notes – TE Pdf – TE Notes
1. Highway Engineering, S.K.Khanna & C.E.GIusto, Nenichand & Bros., 7th edition (2000).
2 Railway Engineering, Atext book of Transportation Engineering – _S.P.chadula- S.Chand & Co. Ltd. 2001
3. Highway Engineering Design .- L.R.Kadiyali and Lal Khanna Publications
4. Airport Planning and Design- S.K.Khanna and Arora,Nemchand Bros.