SURVEYING Notes PDF file
Surveying Notes pdf link :-
UNIT – I
INTRODUCTION: Overview of plane surveying (chain, compass and plane table), Objectives, Principles and classifications.
UNIT – II:
DISTANCES AND DIRECTION: Distance measurement conventions and methods; use of chain and tape, Electronic distance measurements, Meridians, Azimuths and Bearings, declination, computation of angle.
UNIT – III
LEVELING AND CONTOURING: Concept and Terminology, Temporary and permanent adjustments- method of leveling. Characteristics and Uses of contours- methods of conducting contour surveys and their plotting.
UNIT – IV
COMPUTATION OF AREAS AND VOLUMES: Area from field notes, computation of areas along irregular boundaries and area consisting of regular boundaries. Embankments and cutting for a level section and two level sections with and without transverse slopes, determination of the capacity of reservoir, volume of barrow pits.
UNIT – V
THEODOLITE: Theodolite, description, uses and adjustments – temporary and permanent, measurement of horizontal and vertical angles. Principles of Electronic Theodolite. Trigonometrical leveling, Traversing.
UNIT – VI
Stadia and tangential methods of Tacheometry. Distance and Elevation formulae for Staff vertical position.
UNIT – VII
Curves: Types of curves, design and setting out – simple and compound curves.
UNIT – VIII
Introduction to geodetic surveying, Total Station and Global positioning system, Introduction to Geographic information system (GIS).
1. “Surveying (Vol – 1, 2 & 3), by B.C.Punmia, Ashok Kumar Jain and Arun Kumar Jain – Laxmi Publications (P) ltd., New Delhi
2 .Duggal S K, “Surveying (Vol – 1 & 2), Tata Mc.Graw Hill Publishing Co. Ltd. New Delhi, 2004.
3. Surveying and levelling by R. Subramanian, Oxford university press, New Delhi
REFERENCES – SURVEYING Notes PDF:
1. Arthur R Benton and Philip J Taety, Elements of Plane Surying, McGraw Hill – 2000
2. Arror K R “Surveying Vol 1, 2 & 3), Standard Book House, Delhi, 2004
3. Chandra A M, “Plane Surveying”, New age International Pvt. Ltd., Publishers, New Delhi, 2002.
4. Chandra A M, “Higher Surveying”, New age International Pvt. Ltd., Publishers, New Delhi, 2002.
Note :- These notes are according to the r09 Syllabus book of JNTUH. In R13, 8-units of R09 syllabus are combined into 5-units in r13 syllabus. Click here to check all the JNTU Syllabus books