Strength of Materials – I pdf Notes – SM – I pdf Notes file
Strength of Materials – I pdf Notes – SM – I pdf Notes – SM – I pdf Notes file to download are listed below pleaSM – I check it –
Note :- TheSM – I notes are according to the R09 Syllabus book of JNTU.In R13 and R15,8-units of R09 syllabus are combined into 5-units in R13 and R15 syllabus. If you have any doubts please refer to the JNTU Syllabus Book.
- Introduction to Mechanics of Materials,Mechanical Properties of Engineering Materials,Concept of Stress and Strain,Types of Stress,
- Concept of complementary shear stresses,Existence of Normal and Shear Stresses due to Axial Loading.
- Types of beams: According to their support,Types of loading,Shear Force (SF),Bending Moment (BM),Important points for drawing SFD & BMD,
- Cantilever with Uniformly distributed load,Simply supported beam with eccentric point load,A bar working under bending is generally termed as beam.
- Theory of Simple Bending,Section modulus,Theory of simple bending or pure bending,Assumptions for the theory of pure bending,
- Derivation of the bending equation,Determination of bending stresses,Transverse and Longitudinal Shear Stresses in Beam Sections.
- Normal and shear stresses on inclined sections,State of Stress (Compound Stress),Transformation of plane stress,Principal stresses and maximum shear stress,
- Mohr’s circle for plane stress,Construction of the Mohr’s circle (Plane Stress),The Failure Theories.
- Differential Equation for the Elastic Curve,Evaluation of deflection by double-integration method,
- Macaulay’s Method / Singularity Functions,Moment-Area Method,Conjugate Beam Method,Double-Integration Method,Macaulay’s Method.