Remote Sensing & GIS pdf Notes – RS & GIS pdf Notes file
Remote Sensing & GIS pdf Notes – RS & GIS notes pdf – RS & GIS pdf Notes file to download are listed below please check it –
RS &GIS Latest Material Links
Old Material Links
Note :- These notes are according to the R09 Syllabus book of JNTU.In R13 and R15,8-units of R09 syllabus are combined into 5-units in R13 and R15 syllabus. If you have any doubts please refer to the JNTU Syllabus Book.
UNIT – I
- Introduction to Photogrammetry: Principle and types of aerial photographs; stereoscopy, Map Vs Mosaic, ground control, Parallax measurements for height, determinations.
- Remote Sensing – I: Basic concepts and foundation of remote” sensing – elements involved in remote sensing, electromagnetic spectrum, remote sensing terminology and units.
UNIT – III
- Remote Sensing -II: Energy resources, energy interactions with earth surface features and atmosphere, resolution, sensors and satellite visual interpretation techniques, basic elements,
- Converging evidence, interpretation for terrain evaluation, spectral properties of water bodies, introduction to digital data analysis.
- A Geographic Information System : Introduction, GIS -definition and terminology, GIS categories, components of GIS, fundamental operations of GIS, A theoretical-framework for GIS.
UNIT – V
- Types of data representation: Data collection and input overview, data input And output . Keyboard entry and coordinate geometry procedure, manual -digitizing and scanning, GIS,
- Vector GIS -File management, Spatial data – Layer based GIS, mapping.
UNIT – VI
- GIS Spatial Analysis: Computational Analysis Methods (cam), Visual Analysis Methods (VAM), Data storage-vector data storage,
- Attribute data storage, overview of the data manipulation and analysis. Integrated analysis of the spatial and attribute data.
UNIT – VII
- Water Resources Applications I: Land use/Land cover in water resources, Surface water mapping and inventory, Rainfall –
- Runoff relations and runoff potential indices of watersheds, Flood and Drought impact assessment and monitoring, Watershed, management for sustainable development and Watershed characteristics.
UNIT – VIII
- Water Resources Applications — II: Reservoir sedimentation, Fluvial Geomorphology, water resources management and monitoring, Ground Water Targeting,
- Identification of sites for artificial Recharge structures, Drainage Morphometry, inland water quality survey and management, water depth estimation and bathymetry.
Reference – Remote Sensing & GIS – RS & GIS notes pdf – RS & GIS pdf notes – RS & GIS Pdf – RS & GIS Notes
l. Concepts & Techniques of GIS by C.P.Lo Albert. KW. Yonng, Prentice Hall (India) Publications.
2. Remote Sensing and Geographical Information systems by M.Anji Reddy JNTU Hyderabad 2001 , B,S,Publications.
3. GIS by Kang -tsung chang, TMH Publications & co.
4. Basics of Remote sensing & GIS by S.Kumar, Laxmi Publications.
5. Fundamental of GIS by Mechanical designs John Wiley & Sons.
Text books – Remote Sensing & GIS – RS & GIS notes pdf – RS & GIS pdf notes – RS & GIS Pdf – RS & GIS Notes
l. Remote Sensing and its applications by LRA Narayana University Press I999.
2. Principals of Geo physical Information Systems – Peter A Burragh and Rachael A. MC Donnell, Oxford Publishers 2004.