Radar System pdf Notes RS – pdf Notes
Radar system pdf Notes – RS pdf Notes – RS Notes
RS Latest Material Links
RS Old Material Links
- Basics of Radar : Introduction. Maximum Unambiguous Range. Simple form of Radar Equation. Radar Block Diagram and Operation. Radar Frequencies and Applications.
- Prediction of Range Performance. Minimum Detectabie Signal. Receiver Noise. Modified Radar Range Equation. Illustrative Problems.
- Radar Equation : SNR. Envelope Detector – False Alarm Time and Probability. integration of Radar Pulses. Radar Cross Section of Targets (simple targets – sphere. cone-sphere).
- Transmitter Power, PRF and Range Ambiguities. System Losses (qualitative treatment). Illustrative Problems.
- CW and Frequency Modulated Radar: Doppler Effect. CW Radar – Block Diagram. Isolation between Transmitter and Receiver.
- No n-zero IF Receiver. Receiver Bandwidth Requirements. Applications of CW radar. Illustrative Problems
- I-‘M-CW Radar. Range and Doppler Measurement. Block Diagram and Characteristics. (Approaching! Receding Targets). PM-CW altimeter, Multiple Frequency CW Radar.
- MTI and Pulse Doppler Radar: Introduction. Principle. MTI Radar with – Power Ampliﬁer Transmitter and Power Oscillator Transmitter. Delay Line Cancellers –
Filter Characteristics. Blind Speeds. Double Cancellation. Staggered PRFs. Range Gated Doppler Filters. MTI Radar Parameters, Limitations to MT! Performance. MTI versus Pulse Doppler Radar.
- Tracking Radar: Tracking with Radar. Sequential Lobing. Conical Scan. Monopulse Tracking Radar —Amplitude Comparison Monopulse (one~ and two- coordinates).
- Phase Comparison Monopulse. Tracking in Range, Acquisition and Scanning Patterns, Comparison of Trackers.
- Detection of Radar Signals in Noise : Introduction. Matched Filter Receiver – Response Characteristics and Derivation.
- Correlation Function and Cross- correlation Receiver. Efficiency of Non-matched Filters. Matched Filter with Non-white Noise.
- Radar Receivers – Noise Figure and Noise Temperature, Displays – types. Duplexers – Branch type and Balanced type, Circulators as Duplexers. Introduction to Phased Array Antennas – Basic Concepts.
- Radiation Pattem. Beam Steering and Beam Width changes. Applications. Advantages and Limitations.
TEXT BOOK: Radar system Notes – RS Notes – RS Pdf notes
Introduction to Radar Systems – Merrill l. Skolnik. TMH Special Indian Edition. 2″‘ ed., 2007.
REFERENCES: Radar system Notes – RS Notes – RS Pdf notes
l. introduction to Radar Systems – Merrill I. Skolnik. 3″ ed.. TMI-l. 2001.
2. Radar : Principles. Technology. Applications – Byron Bdde. Pearson Education. 2004.
3. Radar Principles – Peebles, Jr; P.Z.. Wiley, New York. 1993.