Mechanics of Solids pdf Notes – MS pdf Notes file
Mechanics of Solids pdf Notes – MS notes pdf – MS pdf Notes file to download are listed below please check it –
MS Latest Material Links
MS Old Material Links
Note :- These notes are according to the R09 Syllabus book of JNTU.In R13 and R15,8-units of R09 syllabus are combined into 5-units in R13 and R15 syllabus. If you have any doubts please refer to the JNTU Syllabus Book.
UNIT – I
- SIMPLE STRESSES & STRAINS : Elasticity and plasticity – Types of stresses & strains–Hooke’s law – stress – strain diagram for mild steel –
- Working stress – Factor of safety – Lateral strain, Poisson’s ratio & volumetric strain – Elastic moduli & the relationship between them – Bars of varying section –
- composite bars – Temperature stresses.Strain energy – Resilience – Gradual, sudden, impact and shock loadings.
UNIT – II
- SHEAR FORCE AND BENDING MOMENT : Definition of beam – Types of beams – Concept of shear force and bending moment –
- S.F and B.M diagrams for cantilever, simply supported and overhanging beams subjected to point loads, u.d.l., uniformly varying loads and combination of these loads – Point of contra flexure – Relation between S.F., B.M and rate of loading at a section of a beam.
UNIT – III
- FLEXURAL STRESSES : Theory of simple bending – Assumptions – Derivation of bending equation: M/ I = f/y = E/R Neutral axis
- Determination bending stresses – section modulus of rectangular and circular sections (Solid and Hollow), I,T,Angle and Channel sections – Design of simple beam sections.
UNIT – IV
- SHEAR STRESSES : Derivation of formula – Shear stress distribution across various beams sections like rectangular, circular, triangular, I, T angle sections.
UNIT – V
- ANALYSIS OF PIN-JOINTED PLANE FRAMES : Determination of Forces in members of plane, pinjointed, perfect trusses by (i) method of joints and (ii) method of sections.
- Analysis of various types of cantilever& simply–supported trusses-by method of joints,method of sections & tension coefficient methods.
UNIT – VI
- DEFLECTION OF BEAMS : Bending into a circular arc – slope, deflection and radius of curvature – Differential equation for the elastic line of a beam –
- Double integration and Macaulay’s methods – Determination of slope and deflection for cantilever and simply supported beams subjected to point loads, – U.D.L uniformly varying load. Mohr’s theorems –
- Moment area method – application to simple cases including overhanging beams.
UNIT – VII
- THIN CYLINDERS : Thin seamless cylindrical shells – Derivation of formula for longitudinal and circumferential stresses – hoop, longitudinal and Volumetric strains – changes in dia, and volume of thin cylinders – Riveted boiler shells – Thin spherical shells.
UNIT – VIII
- Thick cylinders–lame’s equation – cylinders subjected to inside & out side pressures – compound cylinders.
Reference – Mechanics of Solid Notes – MS notes pdf – MS pdf notes – MS Pdf – MS Notes
1. Strength of Materials -By Jindal, Umesh Publications.
2. Analysis of structures by Vazirani and Ratwani.
3. Mechanics of Structures Vol-III, by S.B.Junnarkar.
4. Strength of Materials by S.Timshenko
5. Strength of Materials by Andrew Pytel and Ferdinond L. Singer Longman.
Text books – Mechanics of Solid Notes – MS notes pdf – MS pdf notes – MS Pdf – MS Notes
1. Strength of materials by Bhavikatti, Lakshmi publications.
2. Solid Mechanics, by Popov.