Fluid Mechanics & Hydraulic Mahinery Pdf Notes – FMHM Pdf Notes file
Fluid Mechanics & Hydraulic Mahinery Pdf Notes – FMHM notes pdf- FMHM Pdf Notes file to download are listed below please check it –
FMHM Latest Material Links
FMHM Old Material Links
Note :- These notes are according to the R09 Syllabus book of JNTU.In R13 and R15,8-units of R09 syllabus are combined into 5-units in R13 and R15 syllabus. If you have any doubts please refer to the JNTU Syllabus Book.
- Fluid statics : Dimensions and units: physical properties of fluids- specific gravity, viscosity surface tension- vapor pressure and their influence on fluid motion-
- Atmospheric gauge and vacuum pressure – measurement of pressure- Piezometer, U-tube and differential manometers.
- Fluid kinematics : Stream line, path line and streak lines and stream tube, classification of flows-steady & unsteady, uniform, non uniform, laminar, turbulent, rotational, and irrotational flows-equation of continuity for one dimensional flow.
- Fluid dynamics : Surface and body forces –Euler’s and Bernoulli’s equations for flow along a stream line, momentum equation and its application on force on pipe bend.
- Closed conduit flow: Reynold’s experiment- Darcy Weisbach equation- Minor losses in pipes- pipes in series and pipes in parallel- total energy line-hydraulic gradient line.
- Measurement of flow: pilot tube, venturimeter, and orifice meter, Flow nozzle, Turbine flow meter (Ref.4)
- Basics of turbo machinery : Hydrodynamic force of jets on stationary and moving flat, inclined, and curved vanes, jet striking centrally and at tip, velocity diagrams, work don and efficiency, flow over radial vanes.
- Hydroelectric power stations : Elements of hydro electric power station-types-concept of pumped storage plants-storage requirements, mass curve (explanation only) estimation of power developed from a given catchment area; heads and efficiencies.
- Hydraulic Turbines : Classification of turbines, impulse and reaction turbines, Pelton wheel, Francis turbine and Kaplan turbine-working proportions, work done, efficiencies , hydraulic design –draft tubetheory- functions and efficiency.
- Performance of hydraulic turbines : Geometric similarity, Unit and specific quantities, characteristic curves, governing of turbines, selection of type of turbine, cavitation, surge tank, water hammer.
- Centrifugal pumps : Classification, working, work done – manomertic head- losses and efficienciesspecific speed- pumps in series and parallel-
- performance characteristic curves, NPSH.Reciprocating pumps : Working, Discharge, slip, indicator diagrams.
Reference – Fluid Mechanics & Hydraulic Mahinery – FMHM notes pdf – FMHM pdf notes – FMHM Pdf – FMHM Notes
1. Fluid Mechanics and Fluid Power Engineering by D.S. Kumar, Kotaria & Sons.
2. Fluid Mechanics and Machinery by D. Rama Durgaiah, New Age International.
3. Hydraulic Machines by Banga & Sharma, Khanna Publishers.
4. Instrumentation for Engineering Measurements by James W. Dally, William E. Riley ,John Wiley & Sons Inc. 2004 (Chapter 12 – Fluid Flow Measurements).
Text books – Fluid Mechanics & Hydraulic Mahinery – FMHM notes pdf – FMHM pdf notes – FMHM Pdf – FMHM Notes
1. Hydraulics, fluid mechanics and Hydraulic machinery MODI and SETH.
2. Fluid Mechanics and Hydraulic Machines by Rajput.