Fluid Mechanics and Machinery pdf Notes – FMM pdf Notes file
Fluid Mechanics and Machinery pdf Notes – FMM pdf Notes – FMM pdf Notes file to download are listed below please check it –
Note :- These notes are according to the R09 Syllabus book of JNTU.In R13 and R15,8-units of R09 syllabus are combined into 5-units in R13 and R15 syllabus. If you have any doubts please refer to the JNTU Syllabus Book.
- Properties of fluid,fluid mechanics,fluid kinematics,fluid dynamics,density(or)mass density,
- specific weight(or)weight density,specific volume,specific gravity(or)relative density,vocsocity,
- kinematic viscocity,surface tension,cappilarity,expression for cappilary rise,kinematics of flow&ideal flow,lagrangian method,eulerian method.
- Flow through circular conducts,flow through pipes,lamianr flow,turbulant flow,loss of energy in pipes,
- energy loses,major energy,minor energy,energy equation,frictional resistence,darcy formula,
- chezys formula,flow through parllel pipes,boundary layer flow,moody diagram,turbulant boundary layer.
- Dimensional and model analysis,dimensional analysis,fundmental dimensions,secondary(or)derived quantities,
- dimensional homogeneity,methods of dimensional analysis,rayleighs theorm,buckinghams theorm,
- method of selecting repeating variables,model,prototype,similitude,geometric similarity,kinematic similarity,
- dynamic symilarity,types of forces in moving fluid,inertia force,viscous force,gravity force,pressure force,
- surface tension force,elastic force,dimensionless numbers,reynolds number,froueds number,eulers number,
- webers number,machs number,model laws,reynolds model law,froude model law,euler model law,
- weber model law,mach mode law,classification of models,undistorted models,distorted models,advantages of distorted models,
- scale ratios for distorted models,scale ratio for velocity.It is a mathematical technique used in reserch work for design and for conductiong model tests.
- Boundary layer flow,boundary layer concept,displacement,momentum and energy thickness,
- von-karman momentum integral equation,laminar and turbulent boundary layer flows,drag on a flat plate,
- boundary layer separaration and control,streamlined and bulff bodies lift and drag on a cylinder and an airfoil,
- problems.Turbulent flow:shear stress in turbulent flow,prandtl mixing length hypothesis,hydraulically smooth and rough pipes,velocity distribution in pipes,friction coefficients for smooth and rough pipes.
- cavitations and its effects,cavitation parameters,detection and prevention of cavitation,model testing of turbines,
- propeller pump,jet pump,airlift pump,gear pump,screw pump,vane pump,radial piston pump,submersible pump,
- pumb problems hydraulic accumulators,hydraulic intensifier,hydraulic lift,hydraulic crane,hydraulic couping,torque converter,hydraulic ram,