Experimental Aerodynamics pdf Notes – EAD pdf Notes file
Experimental Aerodynamics pdf Notes – EAD pdf Notes – EAD pdf Notes file to download are listed below please check it –
Note :- These notes are according to the R09 Syllabus book of JNTU.In R13 and R15,8-units of R09 syllabus are combined into 5-units in R13 and R15 syllabus. If you have any doubts please refer to the JNTU Syllabus Book.
- Need of experiments,Wind tunnel,Classification of wind tunnels,Mode of operation,Kind of test section,Applications of wind tunnels,Model making, Non-dimensional parameters,
- Geometric similarity,Dynamic similarity,One of the most important requirements of models is that there should be geometric similarity between the model and the prototype.
- By geometric similarity it is meant that ratios of corresponding dimensions in the model and the prototype should be the same.
- Design of Low speed wind tunnel,Irregularities of flow in low speed tunnels,Reduction of turbulence,Effect of screens on turbulence,Honey combs,
- Wind tunnel contractions,The diffuser,Polytrophic efficiency,Isentropic efficiency,Losses in the wind tunnel circuit,Losses due to resistance in the wind tunnel circuit,
- Power economy,Power economy by pressurization,Objections to power economy by pressurization,Power economy by choice of working fluid,Limitations,Power economy by reduction in stagnation temperature,
- Reducing stagnation temperature brings down the flow temperature too. Boiling point is one consideration.
- High Speed Wind Tunnels and wind tunnel balances,Definition of high speed,Types of high speed wind tunnels,Supersonic wind tunnels,
- Test section parameters,Dynamic pressure,Mass flow rate,Test section velocity,Maximum velocity,Components of supersonic wind tunnels,
- Air storage tanks,Settling chamber /wide angle diffusers,Convergent-divergent (c-d) nozzle,Diffuser- the necessity of providing a diffuser,Power required for the operation of supersonic wind tunnel.
- Measurement of Pressure, Velocity and Temperature,Units of pressure,Pressure measuring devices,Liquid column manometers,Inclined manometer,
- Mercury barometer,Micromanometer,Mechanical manometers,Bourdon tube,Elastic diaphragms,Corrugated diaphragms,Capsules, Bellows,Pressure Transducers,
- Diaphragm type pressure transducers,Piezo-Electric pressure transducers,Pressure Sensitive Paints (PSP).
- Flow Visualisation,Flow visualisation by direct injection,Index of refraction methods,Theoretical background,Deflection of light ray in a medium of constant density gradient,The schlieren method,Colour schlieren,
- Shadowgraph method,Interferometer method,Glow discharge visualization for low density flows,The method involves the acceleration of the free electrons and ions in the control volume by
the electric field.