ELECTRONIC DEVICES AND CIRCUITS pdf Notes – EDC pdf Notes
ELECTRONIC DEVICES AND CIRCUITS pdf Notes – EDC Notes – EDC Pdf Notes
EDC Latest Material Links
EDC Old Material Links
According to R-13 Notes
Unit – 1
Unit – 2
Unit – 3
Unit – 4
p-n Junction Diode:
- Qualitative Theory of p-n Junction. P-n Junction as a Diode, Diode Equation. Volt-Ampere Characteristics,
- Temperature dependence of V I Characteristics. Ideal versus Practical – Resistance levels ( static and dynamic0 Transition and diffusion capacitances.
- Diode Equivalent circuits, Load Line Analysis, Breakdown Mechanisms in semi conductor diodes. Zener diode characteristics.
Rectifiers and Filters :
- the p-n junction as a rectifier, half wave rectifiers, full wave rectifiers, bridge rectifiers harmonic components in a rectifier circuit.
- Inductor filters, capacitor filtlers, L SECTION filteres, d- section filters. composition of filters, voltage regulation using zener diode.
Bipolar Junction Transistor :
- the junction transitor, transistor current components. Transistor as an amplifier. Transistor construction. BTJ operation,
- BJT symbol, common base, common emitter and common collector configuration, limits of operation , BJT specification.
Transistor Biasing and Stabilization :
- Operating point, the DC and AC load lines. Need for biasing . fixed bias . collector feedback bias. Emitter feedback bias, collector-emittor feedback bias. Voltage divider bias.
- Bias stability. Stabilization factors. Stabilization against variations in V BE and beta. Bias compensation using diodes and transistors . thermal runaway, thermal stability.
Small Signal Low Frequency BJT Models
- BJT hybrid model, determination of h-parameters from transistor characteristics. Analysis of a transistor amplifier circuit using h-
- parameters. Comparision of CB, CE, and CC amplifiers, configurations.
Field Effect Transistor
- The Junction field effect transistor (construction, principle of operation, symbol) pinch of voltage, voltage-ampere characteristics, the JFET small signal model,
- MOSFET construction, principle of operation, symbol) , MOSFET characteristics in enhancement and depletion modes.
FET AMPLIFIERS :
- FET Common Source Amlifiere, Common Drain Amplifier, Generalized FET Amplifier, Biasing FET, FET as Voltage Variable Resistor, Comparision of BJT, and FET., Uni junction Transistor.
- Special Purpose Electronic Devices: Priniciple of Operation and Characteristics of Tunnel Diode ( with the help of Energy Band Diagram 0 and Varactor Diode.
- Principle of Operation of Schottky Barrier Diode, SCR and Semiconductor Photo Diode.
TEXT BOOKS : ELECTRONIC DEVICES AND CIRCUITS Notes – EDC Notes – EDC Pdf Notes
- Millman’s Electronic Devices and Circuits – J.Millman, C.C.Halkias, and Satyabratha Jit Tata McGraw Hill, 2nd Ed., 1998 . TMH
- Electronic Devices and Circuits – R.L. Boylestad and Louis Nashelsky, Pearson/Prentice Hall,9th Edition,2006.
- Introduction to electronic devices and circuits-robert t painter PE.
REFERENCES : ELECTRONIC DEVICES AND CIRCUITS Notes – EDC Notes – EDC Pdf Notes
- Integrated electronics – J.Millman and Christos c halkias 1991, 2008, TMH.
- Electronic Devices and Circuits – Dr. K. Lal Kishore, B.S. Publications, 2nd Edition, 2005.
- Electronic Devices and Circuits – Anil k maini , varsha agarwal , 2009 WIPL
- Electronic Devices and Circuits – s salivahana n suresh kumar, a vallavaraj 2008 TMH.