Electromagnetic Field pdf Notes – EMF pdf Notes file
Electromagnetic Field pdf Notes – EMF Notes pdf – EMF pdf Notes file to download are listed below please check it –
Note :- These notes are according to the R09 Syllabus book of JNTU.In R13 and R15,8-units of R09 syllabus are combined into 5-units in R13 and R15 syllabus. If you have any doubts please refer to the JNTU Syllabus Book.
UNIT – I
- Electrostatics :Electrostatic Fields – Coulomb’s Law – Electric Field Intensity (EFI) – EFI due to a line and a surface charge – Work done in moving a point charge in an electrostatic field –
- Electric Potential – Properties of potential function – Potential gradient – Guass’s law – Application of Guass’s Law – Maxwell’s first law, div ( D )=ρv
UNIT – II
- Conductors and Dipole:Laplace’s and Poison’s equations – Solution of Laplace’s equation in one variable. Electric dipole – Dipole moment – potential and EFI due to an electric dipole –
- Torque on an Electric dipole in an electric field – Behavior of conductors in an electric field – Conductors and Insulators.
UNIT – III
- Dielectric & Capacitance : Electric field inside a dielectric material – polarization – Dielectric – Conductor and Dielectric – Dielectric boundary conditions, Capacitance –
- Capacitance of parallel plate and spherical and co-axial capacitors with composite dielectrics – Energy stored and energy density in a static electric field –
- Current density – conduction and Convection current densities – Ohm’s law in point form – Equation of continuity
UNIT – IV
- Magneto Statics :Static magnetic fields – Biot-Savart’s law – Oesterd’s experiment – Magnetic field intensity (MFI) – MFI due to a straight current carrying filament –
- MFI due to circular, square and solenoid current – Carrying wire – Relation between magnetic flux, magnetic flux density and MFI – Maxwell’s second Equation, div(B)=0.
UNIT – V
- Ampere’s circuital law and its applications :Ampere’s circuital law and its applications viz. MFI due to an infinite sheet of current and a long current carrying filament –
- Point form of Ampere’s circuital law – Maxwell’s third equation, Curl (H)=Jc, Field due to a circular loop, rectangular and square loops.
UNIT – VI
- Force in Magnetic fields : Magnetic force – Moving charges in a Magnetic field – Lorentz force equation – force on a current element in a magnetic field –
- Force on a straight and a long current carrying conductor in a magnetic field – Force between two straight long and parallel current carrying conductors –
- Magnetic dipole and dipole moment – a differential current loop as a magnetic dipole – Torque on a current loop placed in a magnetic field
UNIT – VII
- Magnetic Potential : Scalar Magnetic potential and its limitations – vector magnetic potential and its properties – vector magnetic potential due to simple configurations – vector Poisson’s equations.
- Self and Mutual inductance – Neumans’s formulae – determination of self-inductance of a solenoid and toroid and mutual inductance between a straight long wire and a square loop wire in the same plane – energy stored and density in a magnetic field.
- Introduction to permanent magnets, their characteristics and applications.
UNIT – VIII
- Time Varying Fields :Time varying fields – Faraday’s laws of electromagnetic induction – Its integral and point forms – Maxwell’s fourth equation, Curl (E)=-∂B/∂t – Statically and
- Dynamically induced EMFs – Simple problems -Modification of Maxwell’s equations for time varying fields – Displacement current – Poynting Theorem and Poynting vector.
Reference – Electromagnetic Field Notes – EMF notes pdf – EMF pdf notes – EMF Pdf – EMF Notes
1. “Introduction to Electro Dynamics” by D J Griffiths, Prentice-Hall of India Pvt.Ltd, 2nd editon
2. “Electromagnetics” by J P Tewari.
3. “Electromagnetics” by J. D Kraus Mc Graw-Hill Inc. 4th edition 1992.
4. “Electromagnetic fields”, by S. Kamakshaiah, Right Publishers, 2007
Text books – Electromagnetic Field Notes – EMF notes pdf – EMF pdf notes – EMF Pdf – EMF Notes
1. “Engineering Electromagnetics” by William H. Hayt & John. A. Buck Mc. Graw-Hill Companies, 7th Editon.2006.
2. “Electro magnetic Fields” by Sadiku, Oxford Publications