Electrical Machines I pdf Notes – EM pdf Notes file
Electrical Machines I pdf Notes – EM pdf Notes – EM pdf Notes file to download are listed below please check it –
EM Latest Material Links
Old Material Links
Note :- These notes are according to the R09 Syllabus book of JNTU.In R13 and R15,8-units of R09 syllabus are combined into 5-units in R13 and R15 syllabus. If you have any doubts please refer to the JNTU Syllabus Book.
UNIT – I
- Electromechanical Energy Conversion:Electromechanical Energy conversion – forces and torque in magnetic field systems – energy balance –
- Energy and force in a singly excited magnetic field system, determination of magnetic force – co-energy – multi excited magnetic field systems.
UNIT – II
- D.C. Generators – Construction & Operation:D.C. Generators – Principle of operation – Action of commutator – constructional features – armature windings –
- Lap and wave windings – Simplex and multiplex windings – use of laminated armature – E. M.F Equation – Problems
UNIT – III
- Armature reaction in D.C. Generator:Armature reaction – Cross magnetizing and de-magnetizing AT/pole – compensating winding – commutation – reactance voltage – methods of improving commutation.
UNIT – IV
- Types of D.C Generators:Methods of Excitation – separately excited and self excited generators – build-up of E.M.F – critical field resistance and critical speed – causes for failure to self excite and remedial measures.
UNIT – V
- Load Characteristics of Generators:Load characteristics of shunt, series and compound generators – parallel operation of d.c series generators – use of equalizer bar and cross connection of field windings – load sharing.
UNIT – VI
- D.C. Motors :D.C Motors – Principle of operation – Back E.M.F. – Torque equation – characteristics and application of shunt, series and compound motors – Armature reaction and commutation.
UNIT – VII
- Speed control of D.C. Motors:Speed control of d.c. Motors: Armature voltage and field flux control methods. Ward-Leonard system. Principle of 3 point and 4 point starters – protective devices.
UNIT – VIII
- Testing of D.C. Machines:Testing of d.c. machines: Losses – Constant & Variable losses – calculation of efficiency – condition for maximum efficiency
- Methods of Testing – direct, indirect and regenerative testing – brake test – Swinburne’s test – Hopkinson’s test – Field’s test – Retardation test – separation of stray losses in a d.c. motor test.
Reference – Electrical Machines I Notes – EM notes pdf – EM pdf notes – EM Pdf – EM Notes
1. Performance and Design of D.C Machines – by Clayton & Hancock, BPB Publishers
2. Electrical Machines -S.K. Battacharya,
3. Electric Machines by I.J. Nagrath & D.P. Kothari, Tata Mc Graw – Hill Publishers, 3rd edition, 2004.
4. Electromechanics – I (D.C. Machines) S. Kamakshaiah Hi-Tech Publishers.
Text books – Electrical Machines I Notes – EM notes pdf – EM pdf notes – EM Pdf – EM Notes
1. Electric Machinary – A. E. Fritzgerald, C. Kingsley and S. Umans, Mc Graw-Hill Companies, 5th editon
2. Electrical Machines – P.S. Bimbra., Khanna Publishers