Electrical Machines II pdf Notes – EM II pdf Notes file
Electrical Machines II pdf Notes – EM II pdf Notes
Electrical Machines II pdf Notes – EM II Notes pdf – EM II pdf Notes file to download are listed below please check it –
EM II Latest Material Links
EM II Old Material Links
Note :- These notes are according to the R09 Syllabus book of JNTU.In R13 and R15,8-units of R09 syllabus are combined into 5-units in R13 and R15 syllabus. If you have any doubts please refer to the JNTU Syllabus Book.
- Single Phase Transformers – Construction & Operation:Single phase transformers-types – constructional details-minimization of hystersis and eddy current losses-emf equation – operation on no load and on load – phasor diagrams
- Single Phase Transformers – Performance Equivalent circuit – losses and efficiency-regulation. All day efficiency – effect of variations of frequency & supply voltage on iron losses.
- Testing of Single Phase Transformer and Auto transformer:OC and SC tests – Sumpner’s test – predetermination of efficiency and regulation-separation of losses test-
- parallel operation with equal and unequal voltage ratios – auto transformers-equivalent circuit – comparison with two winding transformers.
- Polyphase Transformers:Polyphase transformers – Polyphase connections – Y/Y, Y/D, D/Y, D/D and open D, Third harmonics in phase voltages-three winding transformers-tertiary windings-
- determination of Zp, Zs and Zt transients in switching – off load and on load tap changing; Scott connection.
- Polyphase Induction Motors:Polyphase induction motors-construction details of cage and wound rotor machines-production of a rotating magnetic field – principle of operation – rotor emf and rotor frequency
- rotor reactance, rotor current and pf at standstill and during operation.
- Characteristics of Induction Motors:Rotor power input, rotor copper loss and mechanical power developed and their inter relation-torque equation-deduction from torque equation – E
- xpressions for maximum torque and starting torque – torque slip characteristic – double cage and deep bar rotors – equivalent circuit – phasor diagram – crawling and cogging
- Circle Diagram of Induction Motors:Circle diagram-no load and blocked rotor tests-predetermination of performance-methods of starting and starting current and torque calculations
- Speed Control Methods:Speed control-change of frequency; change of poles and methods of consequent poles; cascade connection.
- Injection of an emf into rotor circuit (qualitative treatment only)-induction generator-principle of operation.
Reference – Electrical Machines II Notes – EM II notes pdf – EM II pdf notes – EM II Pdf – EM II Notes
1. Performance and Design of AC Machines by MG.Say, BPB Publishers
2. Theory of Alternating Current Machinery- by Langsdorf, Tata McGraw-Hill Companies, 2nd edition.
3. Electric Machines –by I.J.Nagrath & D.P.Kothari,Tata Mc Graw Hill, 7th Edition.2005
4. Electromechanics-II (transformers and induction motors) S. Kamakashaiah Hitech publishers.
Text books – Electrical Machines II Notes – EM II notes pdf – EM II pdf notes – EM II Pdf – EM II Notes
1. Electric machinery – A.E. Fitzgerald, C.Kingsley and S.Umans, Mc Graw Hill Companies, 5th edition
2. Electrical machines-PS Bhimbra, Khanna Publishers.