ELECTRIC CIRCUITS pdf Notes – EC pdf Notes
Please find the download links below of Electric Circuits pdf Notes – EC pdf Notes – EC Notes
This course introduces the basic concepts of circuit analysis which is the foundation for all subjects of the Electrical Engineering discipline. The emphasis of this course is laid on the basic analysis of circuits which includes Single phase circuits, magnetic circuits, theorems, transient analysis and network topology.
EC Latest Material Links
EC Old Material Links
UNIT – I
Introduction to Electrical Circuits
- Circuit Concept – R-L-C parameters – Voltage and Current sources – Independent and dependent sources-Source transformation – Voltage – Current relationship for passive elements ( the diff input signals, square , ramp, saw tooth, triangular )
UNIT – II
- Kirchhoff’s laws – network reduction techniques – series, parallel, series parallel, star-to-delta or delta-to-star transformation.
- Nodal analysis, mesh analysis, super node and super mesh for D-C excitation.
UNIT – III
Single Phase A.C Circuits
- R.M.S and Average values and form factor for different periodic wave forms, Steady state analysis of R, L and C (in series, parallel and series parallel combinations) with sinusoidal excitation –
- Concept of Reactance, Impedance, Susceptance and Admittance – Phase and Phase difference – concept of power factor, Real and Reactive powers – J-notation, Complex and Polar forms of representation, Complex power
UNIT – IV
Locus diagrams & Resonance
- Locus diagrams – series R-L, R-C, R-L-C and parallel combination with variation of various parameters – Resonance – series, parallel circuits, concept of band width and Q factor.
UNIT – V
- Magnetic Circuits – Faraday’s laws of electromagnetic induction – concept of self and mutual inductance – dot convention –
- coefficient of coupling – composite magnetic circuit – Analysis of series and parallel magnetic circuits
UNIT – VI
- Definitions – Graph – Tree, Basic cutset and Basic Tieset matrices for planar networks – Loop and Nodal methods of analysis of Networks with independent voltage and current sources – Duality & Dual networks.
UNIT – VII
Network theorems (with D.C)
- Tellegen’s, Superposition, Reciprocity, Thevenin’s, Norton’s, Maximum Power Transfer, Millman’s and Compensation theorems for d.c. excitations.
UNIT – VIII
Network theorems (with A.C)
- Tellegen’s, Superposition, Reciprocity, Thevenin’s, Norton’s, Maximum Power Transfer, Millman’s and Compensation theorems for A.c. excitations.
TEXT BOOKS: Electric Circuits Notes – EC Notes – EC Pdf notes
- Engineering circuit analysis by William hayt and jack e kemmerly McGraw Hill ;
- Circuits & networks by a.sudhakar and shyammohan s pillai TMH
- Electric circuits by a chakravarthy dhanipat rai & sons
REFERENCE BOOKS: Electric Circuits Notes – EC Notes – EC Pdf notes
- Network analysis by m e an lakenberg
- Linear circuit analysis (time domain phasor and laplace transform approaches) second ed. By Raymond a decarlo oxford press 2004
- Network theory n c jagan & c lakshiminarayana 2006, BSP.
- Electric circuit theory by k raeshwaran, PE 2004
- Basic circuit analysis by d.r. Cunningham & j.a. stuller, jaico