Digital Design through verilog HDL pdf Notes – DDTV pdf Notes
Digital Design through verilog HDL pdf Notes – DDTV Notes pdf – DDTV pdf Notes
DDTV Digital Design through verilog HDL pdf Notes JNTU
DDTV Latest Material Links
DDTV Old Material Links
- Introduction to Verilog HDL: Verilog as HDL. Levels of Design description. Concurrency. Simulation and Synthesis.
- Function Veriﬁcation, System tasks. Programming Language interface, Module. Simulation and Synthesis tools
- Language Constructs and Conventions: Introduction. Keywords. Identiﬁers. White space Characters, Comments. Numbers,
- Strings. Logic Values. Strengths. Data types. Scalars and vectors, parameters. operators.
- Gate Level Modeling: Introduction. AND Gate Primitive. Module structure. other gate primitives. illttstrative examples. tristate gates. array of instances of primitives.
- Design of Flip —Flops with gate primitives. Delays. Strengths and Construction resolution. Net types. Design of basic circuit.
- Behavioral Modeling: Introduction. Operations and assignments. functional bifurcation. ‘Initial’ construct. ‘always’ construct. Assignments with Delays. ‘wait‘ construct, multiple always block,
- Designs at behavioral level. blocking and non- blocking assignments. the ‘case‘ statement. simulation ﬂow “if” and ‘if-else’ constructs. ‘assign- de-assign’ construct. ‘repeat‘ construct. for loop.
- ‘ the disable’ construct. ‘while loop‘. for ever loop. parallel blocks. ‘ f0rce- release, construct. Event.
- Modeling at Dataﬂow Level: Introduction. Continuous assignment structure. delays and continuous assignments. assignment to vectors. operators.
- Switch level modeling: Basic transistor switches. CMOS switches. bi directional gates. time delays with switch primitives. instantiation with strengths‘ and ‘ delays’. strength contention with Trireg nets.
- System Tasks. Functions and Compiler Directives: Parameters. Path delays. module parameters. system tasks and functions.
- file based tasks and functions, computer directives. Hierarchical access. User deﬁned Primitives.
- Sequential Circuit Description: Sequential models – feedback model. capacitive model. implicit model. basic memory components. functional register. static machine coding. sequential synthesis
- Component Test and Verification: Test bench- combinational circuit testing. sequential circuit testing. test bench techniques. design verification assertion veriﬁcation.
- T R. Padmanabhan. B Bala Tripura Sundari. Design through verilog l-IDL. Wiley, 2009-
2 Zainalabdien Navabi. Verilog Digital System Design. TMH. 2nd edition.
- Fundamentls of Digital Logic with Veilog design by Stephen Brown, Zvonkoc Vranesic. TMH, 2°‘ edition. 2010
- Digital Logic Design using Verilog . State machine & synthesis for FPGA. Sunggtt Lee, Cengage Learning .2009
- Verilog l-IDL – Samir Palnitkar. 2″‘ Edition. Pearson Education. 2009
- Advanced Digital Design with the Verilog HDI – Michel D. Ciietti.