Concrete Technology pdf Notes – CT pdf Notes file
Concrete Technology pdf Notes – CT pdf Notes – CT pdf Notes file to download are listed below please check it –
CT Latest Material Links
CT Old Material Links
Note :- These notes are according to the R09 Syllabus book of JNTU.In R13 and R15,8-units of R09 syllabus are combined into 5-units in R13 and R15 syllabus. If you have any doubts please refer to the JNTU Syllabus Book.
- CEMENTS & ADMIXTURES: Portland cement – chemical composition – Hydration, Setting of cement – Structure of hydrate cement – Test on physical properties – Different grades of cement –
- Admixtures – Mineral and chemical admixtures – properties – dosage – effects- usage .
UNIT – III
- AGGREGATES: Classification of aggregate – Particle shape & texture – Bond, strength & other mechanical properties of aggregate
- Specific gravity, Bulk density, porosity, adsorption & moisture content of aggregate – Bulking of sand – Deleterious substance in aggregate – Soundness of aggregate – Alkali aggregate reaction – Thermal properties – Sieve analysis – Fineness modulus
- Grading curves – Grading of fine & coarse Aggregates – Gap graded aggregate – Maximum aggregate size.
UNIT – IV
- FRESH CONCRETE: Workability – Factors affecting workability – Measurement of workability by different tests – Setting times of concrete – Effect of time and temperature on workability
- Segregation & bleeding – Mixing and vibration of concrete – Steps in manufacture of concrete – Quality of mixing water.
UNIT – V
- HARDENED CONCRETE : Water / Cement ratio – Abram’s Law – Gelspaoe ratio – Nature of strength of concrete
- Maturity concept – Strength in tension & compression – Factors affecting strength – Relation between compression & tensile strength – Curing.
UNIT – VI
- TESTING OF HARDENED CONCRETE: Compression tests – Tension tests – Factors affecting strength – Flexure tests – Splitting tests – Non-destructive testing methods – codal provisions for NDT.
- ELASTICITY, CREEP & SHRINKAGE – Modulus of elasticity – Dynamic modulus of elasticity – Posisson’s ratio – Creep of concrete
- Factors influencing creep – Relation between creep & time – Nature of creep – Effects of creep – Shrinkage – types of shrinkage.
UNIT – VII
- MIX DESIGN : Factors in the choice of mix proportions – Durability of concrete – Quality Control of concrete – Statistical methods
- Acceptance criteria – Proportioning of concrete mixes by various methods – BIS method of mix design.
UNIT – VIII
- SPECIAL CONCRETES: Light weight aggregates – Light weight aggregate concrete – Cellular concrete – No-fines concrete
- High density concrete – Fibre reinforced concrete – Different types of fibres – Factors affecting properties of F.R.C – Applications
- Polymer concrete – Types of Polymer concrete – Properties of polymer concrete – Applications – High performance concrete – Self consolidating concrete – SIFCON.
Reference – Concrete Technology Notes – CT notes pdf – CT pdf notes – CT Pdf – CT Notes
1. Concrete Technology by M.L. Gambhir. – Tata Mc. Graw Hill Publishers, New Delhi
2. Concrete Technology by A.R. Santha Kumar, Oxford university Press, New Delhi
Text books – Concrete Technology Notes – CT notes pdf – CT pdf notes – CT Pdf – CT Notes
1. Properties of Concrete by A.M.Neville – Low priced Edition – 4th edition
2. Concrete Technology by M.S.Shetty. – S.Chand & Co. ; 2004