Computer Organization and Operating Systems pdf Notes – CO&OS pdf Notes file
Computer Organization and Operating Systems pdf Notes – CO&OS pdf Notes – CO&OS pdf Notes file to download are listed below please check it –
Note :- These notes are according to the R09 Syllabus book of JNTU.In R13 and R15,8-units of R09 syllabus are combined into 5-units in R13 and R15 syllabus. If you have any doubts please refer to the JNTU Syllabus Book.
- BASIC STRUCTURE OF COMPUTERS,Computer Types,Functional Unit,Basic Operational concepts,Bus structures,
- Software performance,Multiprocessors and multi computers,Data Representation,Fixed point Representation,Floating- point Representation.
- Memory hierarchy,Main Memory,RAM,ROM Chips,Memory Address map,Memory Connection to CPU,Associate memory,Cache Memory,Data cache,Instruction cache,Miss and Hit ratio,
- Access time,Associative mapping,Set associative mapping,Waiting into cache,Introduction to virtual memory.Making programs and data available at a rapid rate, it is possible to increase the performance rate of the computer,
- While the I/O processor manages data transfers between auxiliary memory and main memory, the cache organization is concerned with the transfer of information between main memory and CPU.
- I/O Vs memory Bus,Isolated Vs Memory-Mapped I/O,Asynchronous data Transfer,Strobe control,Hand Shaking,Asynchronous Serial transfer,Asynchronous Communication interface,
- Modes of transfer,Programmed I/O,Interrupt Initiated I/O ,DMA,DMA controller,DMA Transfer,IOP-CPU-IOP Communication,Intel 8089 IOP,INPUT-OUTPUT INTERFACE,
- I/O BUS AND INTERFACE MODULES,I/O VERSUS MEMORY BUS,ISOLATED VERSUS MEMORY-MAPPED I/O,ASYNCHRONOUS DATA TRANSFER,STROBE CONTROL,
- HANDSHAKING,ASYNCHRONOUS SERIAL TRANSFER,Asynchronous Communication Interface,MODES OF TRANSFER,EXAMPLE OF PROGRAMMED I/O,INTERRUPT-INITIATED I/O.
- Computer System Structure,Four Components of a Computer System ,Operating System Definition ,Computer Startup ,Computer System Organization ,Computer-System Operation ,
- Common Functions of Interrupts,Interrupt Handling ,Interrupt Timeline ,I/O Structure ,Direct Memory Access Structure ,Storage Structure,Storage Hierarchy,
- Caching ,Computer-System Architecture ,Asymmetric Multiprocessing ,Symmetric Multiprocessing ,A Dual-Core Design .
- FILE SYSTEM INTERFACE, Introduction,Concept of a File,File Access methods,Directory Structure,Allocation Methods,Free Space management,Directory Implementation,
- The operating system is a resource manager. Secondary resources like the disk are also to be managed. Information is stored in secondary storage because it costs less,
- is non-volatile and provides large storage space. Processes access data / information present on secondary storage while in execution.Thus,
- the operating system has to properly organize data / information in secondary storage for efficient access.