Advanced Foundation Engineering pdf Notes – AFE pdf Notes file
Advanced Foundation Engineering pdf Notes – AFEpdf Notes
Advanced Foundation Engineering pdf Notes – AFE pdf Notes – AFE pdf Notes file to download are listed below please check it –
AFE Latest Material Links
Old Material Link
Note :- These notes are according to the R09 Syllabus book of JNTU.In R13 and R15,8-units of R09 syllabus are combined into 5-units in R13 and R15 syllabus. If you have any doubts please refer to the JNTU Syllabus Book.
- Introduction-Bearing capacity of Footings subjected to Eccentric and inclined loading – Meyerhoﬁ”s, Hansen’s, Vesic theories – Foundations on layered soils.
UNIT – II
- Elastic settlement of Footings embedded in sands and clays of Infinite thickness – Footings on soils of Finite thickness-Schmertamaunn‘s method, janbu method.
UNIT – III
- Pile Foundations – static and dynamic methods-pile groups-negative skin friction-under reamed piles.
- Settlement of Pile groups resting in sands and clays —laterally loaded piles- ultimate capacity of laterally loaded piles.
UNIT – V
- Lateral Earth pressures-Rankine – Coloumb’s and graphical methods — stability of cantilever and counterfort retaining walls
- Reinforced earth retaining walls.
UNIT – VI
- Cantilever sheet piles and anchored bulkheads, Earth pressure diagram – Determination of Depth of embedment in sands and clays
- Timbering of trenches- Earth pressure diagrams – Forces in struts.
- Caissons and well foundations: Types of caissons – well foundations – different shapes of wells – Components of wells
- functions and Design – Design Criteria – Sinking of wells — lateral stability by Terzaghi’s analysis.
- Foundations in Expansive soils — Problems in Expansive soils – Mechanism of swelling-Swell Pressure and Swelling potential
- Heave-foundation practices-Sand cushion-CNS technique – under – reamed pile Foundations – Granular pile — anchor technique, stabilization of expansive soils.
Reference – Advanced Foundation Engineering – AFE notes pdf – AFE pdf notes – AFE Pdf – AFE Notes
1 Geotechnical Engineering by C. Venkataramah, New Age International Pvt.Ltd, Publishers (2002).
2 Analysis and Design of Substructures — Swami Saran, Oxford & IBI-I Publishing Company Pvt.Ltd (1998).
3 Basics and Applied Soil Mechanics by Gopal Ranjan & ASR Rao, New Age International Pvt.Ltd, Publishers (2002).
Text books – Advanced Foundation Engineering – AFE notes pdf – AFE pdf notes – AFE Pdf – AFE Notes
1 Das, B.M., – ( 1999) Principles of Foundation Engineering -4th edition PWS Publishing, Singapore.
2 Bowles, J.E., (1988) Foundation Analysis and Design – 4th Edition, McGraw-Hill International
3 Geotechnical Engineering: Principles and practices of soil mechanics and foundation Engineering by VNS Murthy, Taylor & Francis Group